How To Transform Your WordPress Into Straight-out eCommerce Store
Today, e-commerce has become the best way to earn business. What do you need to know to start a successful online store on WordPress? And the simple answer is, WooCommerce! You will need to know about WooCommerce as well as one of our great WooCommerce themes which provides optimum design and settings to your blog.
So in this article we will share step-by-step guide on how to transform your WordPress Into Straight-out eCommerce Store and the best WooCommerce themes for you.
What is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin that helps sell products online. If you want to create an online shopping website like -Flipkart, Amazon, then you can create it with the help of the wordpress WooCommerce plugin. In this, all the features are available that the product has to be created and shown to the customer and online payment etc.
It helps you sell any type of products easily on a fully functioning website without needing you to code a single line from a beautiful home page to a streamlined checkout process you can use plugins and other resources to set up everything quickly and effortlessly.
To create a product, we get the defining feature of image, content and price in the WooCommerce plugin. After creating a product from which it is easily displayed on the website. After ordering, all the features of processing the order are found in the WooCommerce plugin. Other features are the order complete feature, managing the stock and deleting the product.
Most importantly, if we talk about online payment, as you buy a product from an e-commerce website and pay for it online, then all these features are also found in the WordPress WooCommerce plugin. From which any customer can pay online with their debit card, credit card, paytm, UPI or Airtel money etc. Many such options are available with the WooCommerce plugin.
Let us tell you how to use WooCommerce in WordPress…!
Choose Your Domain
Your ecommerce store cannot exist without a unique domain in hosting. The domain is the identity of your website. People can type it into a browser and instantly reach your website and the hosting is where all your website’s information and files are stored. It’s like a computer that sends your website’s information to people looking for it at any time from anywhere in the world.
You can purchase the domain name separately and pay a different service to host it on its servers, but the cost effective way is to buy them both together. There are plenty of good hosting services out there like Kinsta, Cloudways, Hostgator, WP Engine, A2 hosting and Hostinger. But WordPress officially recommends Bluehost siteground and Dreamhost on its website.
You’re free to compare all these options and pick the one that suits you best. But no matter which one you pick the steps will be the same. The service will offer you multiple paid plans like these depending on the price, web space and other features. Choose the best plan for you.
How to install a WooCommerce plugin on WordPress?
To use WooCommerce, you must first install the WooCommerce Plugin. Installing WooCommerce is a very simple task. But before that you should check your hosting environment. For that we recommend:
- PHP version 7.3 or greater
- MySQL version 5.6 or greater OR MariaDB version 10.0 or greater
- WordPress memory limit of 128 MB or greater
- HTTPS support
For installing WooCommerce on a WordPress website, you have to follow the following steps.
Step 1 – First of all, log in to the admin page.
Step 2 – After login, the dashboard opens. After that you have to click on the plugins.
Step 3 – After clicking on the plugins, you have to click on Add new.
Step 4 – Now, you have to search for a plugin called WooCommerce and click on Install. After clicking install, wait for a while until it gets installed. Activate after install.
Step 5 – After Activate you come to know that a form is open in front of you, you have to fill all the details in the form. Such as address, zip code, currency, your plan. After filling, you have to click on Let’s Go.
Step 6 – After this, you have to choose the payment method in the step like you can use Paypal, offline payment, bank transfer and cash on delivery. Fill all the details you want and click continue.
Step 7 – After it, a new form will open. This form is used for shipping details. As you want to charge shipping charges from customers, you can enter this form and also make it clear that you can pay any tax on the shipping on the goods. After filling all the details, click on continue.
Step 8 – You will see the step of recommended extras, in which you will see the continue button. In this step you don’t have to do anything, just click continue. The WooCommerce plugin will be successfully installed.
Step 9 – Go back to the WordPress dashboard for activation, after which you will find a page called Connect with Jetpack. Click skip to this step.
Step 10 – Now you are ready to sell your product on the website. Just click Return on your dashboard.
Step 11 – Check WooCommerce on the WordPress dashboard. See WooCommerce on the left menu, click on it.
IQONIC DESIGN WooCommerce Themes
1. Sofbox WordPress Theme
2. Enerzee – Renewable Energy WordPress Theme
3. FoodSto – Grocery & Food Store WordPress Theme
WooCommerce Setting and Options
Choose a Theme
In the Setting option, you will be asked to choose a theme. The theme you choose will determine the starting look and layout of your store/site though you can customize it from there! You can use a free theme included with WordPress or purchase a Premium WordPress Themes to stand out from the rest.
Two options are given in the left menu. WooCommerce and Products. There are several Widgets including with WooCommerce.
Let’s set up our WooCommerce store from the settings section under WooCommerce.
- In the general options you can choose your selling locations. If you’re ready to sell worldwide keep this setting as it is, but if you’re only selling in a specific country like india then you can select sell to specific countries from the drop-down and search for India.
- Below you can also select which countries we want to ship our products to in a default customer location that will appear during checkout.
- If you want to enable taxes, tick the option you’ll select the currency specific to our selling location, save changes and click on the tax tab. Here you can manage your tax options but if you want to remove or add tax classes you’ll have to use this option.
- After saving changes you’ll use the newly created sections to add your tax rates. Click on cgst 14, insert row and enter the country code and rate percentage information then disable shipping and save changes.
- Do the same steps for the other tax rates as well with the only difference being the tax rates of 14, 12 and 18. When you’re done you can move to set up your shipping rates.
- Click on add shipping zone and name and pick a zone for which shipping cost will be the same. If you’re shipping to different countries or regions with different shipping costs you can add multiple zones. Then click on add shipping method and choose the type of shipping method from the drop-down.
- Let’s go with flat rate, then click on edit to add the shipping cost in the pop-up. Enter the unit shipping cost and add asterisk and qty in square brackets to have the shipping cost be multiplied based on the number of products. Let’s save the changes.
- Now move on to the payments tab. Here you’ll choose how your shoppers will be able to make their payments. You can use the built-in payments like direct bank transfer, check payments, cash on delivery and paypal or you can download third-party payment methods like Paypal checkout, Amazon pay and Stripe. All these options are easy to set up. Save all the changes.
- Now move on to the accounts and privacy tab. Let’s allow shoppers to create an account during checkout. Using this option, if you’re selling to customers from the european union you’ll also need to enable the account erasure request option.
- For the emails that have the customer as the recipients, you can see that they’ll get email notifications for order, on hold order processing completed orders, new accounts etc. You can click on the manage button to customize and edit the email. Here you can edit the subject line, email, heading and the email body. You can also disable the email by unchecking the box.
Now moving on to setup your WooCommerce store from the settings section under the Product Section.
- In the products section, you can select the page that you want to display as the shop page from a list of automatically created WooCommerce pages.
- Below you can customize the cart behavior and set a placeholder image for products that don’t have images for physical products.
- You can set the weight and dimension units to maintain consistency across your store.
- Finally you can enable or disable product reviews for your products. Show a verified owner label on customer reviews. Only allow verified owners to leave reviews.
- Enable star rating on reviews or mandate star ratings to be part of reviews. The inventory sub section lets you manage your stock. You can keep this box checked to enable stock management.
- Here you can choose the period in minutes for which you want to hold stock for unpaid orders. if you enter 120 the product will be held in stock for two hours. If you leave it blank the pending order will be cancelled as soon as the shopper leaves the page. So, you can keep these options enabled if you want to receive notifications for low stock and out of stock products the notification will be sent via email to this recipient.
- You can also set the amount of products at which you get these notifications with this setting. You’ll get a low stock notification when there are only two products left and an out of stock notification when there are zero products left.
- Below you can hide the out of stock items from your catalog. The final setting controls how stock quantities are displayed on the front end with the first setting shoppers can always see the stock availability with the second one stock quantity is only shown for low stock products. And the final setting completely hides the stock quantity from the shoppers.
- You can use the final subsection if you’re selling downloadable products like downloadable music, ebooks or online tickets.
- Here you can choose the file download method, manage access restriction settings and add file name settings.
- After setting up your store you can view and manage your orders under the order section, in the coupons section you can create coupons for shoppers you can generate a coupon code and add a description and you have additional options like discount types, coupon amount usage restrictions and usage limits.
- The customers section lists the details of all our customers while the reports section generates detailed reports with in-depth data and insight.
- Finally a robust analytics section lets you put a finger on the pulse of your business with data on revenue orders, products categories, coupons taxes, downloads and stock. Whether it be physical or downloadable products you can easily add them using this tab.
- Now, You can either create a product from scratch or import them in bulk. Let me tell you the first option. When you click on it you’ll see the new product page. Here you can add a product title and a product description. This is where the product price will be added.
- You can also add a sale price and schedule the dates when the product will go on sale. You can select the type of product you want to add.
- WooCommerce lets you add simple grouped affiliate and variable products. In the inventory tab you can add in sku number to give the product a unique id and select the stock status in the shipping tab you can add product weight and dimensions and assign a shipping class.
- You can also add linked products for upsells and cross cells. Add custom product attributes in the attributes tab and add purchase notes and enable reviews in the advanced tab.
- Below you can add a short description for the product. In the right sidebar you can assign a product category and add a product image. When you’re done click publish to make the product go live and see how it looks on the product page..!
This is a simple product, you can add three other types of products like a variable product, a grouped product and an affiliate product.
Subscribe to your newsletter for exclusive discounts, special theme previews and industry trends to turn your website/mobile app into a stunning successful creation with competitive-edge.