12 Best Free WordPress Themes of 2021 (Chosen by Experts)
2,125,962. That’s the number of people who changed their website’s WordPress theme in September 2018 alone, confirmed by WordPress.
WordPress releases a new default theme each year. Furthermore, the content management system offers over 5,800 free WordPress themes. Which one of these themes is right for your website?
If you are asking the same question, this article will help you. In the next five minutes, learn all about the 12 best free WordPress themes.
Note: the information is true at the time of writing. That is September 2021.
The award-winning Qode Interactive offers one of the most popular free website builders — the Qi theme. The 800+ active installations tell you about the popularity of the theme.
The free theme works on WordPress version 5.0 or higher.
- Showcase your products and services with 100 fully customizable website templates.
- Sixty widgets offer you complete control in customizing your blog, portfolio, and online shop.
- SVG support allows you to add animated vector graphics.
- Qi theme offers six sidebar layouts to showcase single post pages and blog lists.
- Open your online shop with WooCommerce support.
- Add a background image in the footer.
- You can set different logos for web and mobile headers.
- Choose from over 1,000 Google Fonts.
- Add cart and checkout pages with WooCommerce support. Furthermore, you can integrate payment gateways as well.
- Mark items that are out of stock, newly arrived, or on sale.
Searching for a free Elementor WordPress theme for a hotel booking website? Choose Albatross.
The free WordPress theme comes with two plugins — Elementor and MotoPress Hotel Booking. The Elementor plugin offers visual customization. Furthermore, the MotoPress Hotel Booking allows you to set up online bookings, availability calendars, property search, and property management.
- Add a slider, image, or video in the front page header.
- Create a compact list view along with a sidebar.
- Edit your site on visual mode with Elementor.
- Add animations, maps, and image galleries with Stratum.
- Globally change the color scheme of your website with WordPress Customizer.
- Offer different rates for the same accommodation as per conditions. The conditions include calendar period, discount coupons, and length of stay, and number of guests.
- Add payment methods including PayPal and direct bank transfer.
- Add testimonials so that visitors trust your business.
Mascota – Free WordPress Theme for Petcare
Mascota is one of the best free responsive WordPress themes. Thus, visitors won’t ever leave your site because they could not navigate through it on mobile.
This free WordPress theme for Petcare is best suited for veterinarians, pet services, blogs, and consultants. Mascota – free Elemetor theme for Petcare is compatible with WordPress 5.0.X and higher.
- Choose from 7 product details page layouts.
- Features such as Add to Cart, Add to Wishlist, Add to Compare, and Quickview.
- Read the extensive guide to learn how to control each feature. The step-by-step guide will help you to customize each feature as well.
- The theme adjusts as per the screen resolution.
- Showcase the rating for your products and services to build authenticity and trust.
Built by Codeless Team, Aronia is one of the best WordPress themes out in the market. The theme works with both Elementor and Codeless Framework.
Aronia offers three demos — Default, Business, and Startup Business. Each demo is fully responsive. Thus, visitors can navigate your site on mobiles and tabs as well.
- Edit your content with the drag and drop feature. Place each text and image where you want.
- You can customize every feature to have complete control.
- The slider offers easy navigation. Furthermore, you won’t need a single line of code to add the slider.
- Change the layout with the theme options. Furthermore, you can add custom width and boxed layout as well.
- Contact Form 7 allows you to add multiple forms.
Bizwiz – Best Free WordPress Theme for Business Consultancy
Bizwiz is the best free WordPress theme for business consultancy solutions. Elementor powers the free WordPress theme.
Bizwiz – free Elementor WordPress theme for business consultancy is compatible with WordPress 5.1.X and higher.
- Choose from the in-built templates, tweak the content, and your website is ready. You can edit on drag and drop mode.
- The responsive WordPress theme allows visitors to navigate the website without any hassle on smartphones and tabs as well.
- Create multiple contact forms with the Contact Form 7 plugin.
- Add charts and graphs with the Graphina plugin.
- Create stunning user interfaces with the Bootstrap plugin.
- Add blogs to create content around your products and services.
Searching for the best free WordPress templates for your portfolio? Choose Interium.
The theme is RTL-compatible (Right-to-left). The feature is essential because over 410 million people around the world are native RTL speakers.
- Customize your site with Elementor. Change layouts and color schemes and add blocks — you can do it all.
- Choose from ready-to-use portfolios. Tweak the pre-existing content and your portfolio is ready.
- The web pages load within three seconds. No one will leave your site because it took too long to load.
- Create versions of your website with RTL compatibility.
- Create a multilingual website with the WPML plugin. The feature is best suited if your site has international visitors.
- Create email newsletters with the MailChimp plugin. Share your products and services in your customer’s inbox.
- Interium offers contact forms, login forms, and search forms.
GeneratePress is one of the best free coded design resources of WordPress. Over 400,000 active installations prove the theme’s popularity. Furthermore, the theme boasts over 1,000 5-star ratings as well.
The theme works with WordPress 4.5.0 and higher versions.
- With a 7.5 KB page size, the WordPress theme allows you to achieve the page speed scores.
- The theme is compatible with both RTL and LTR. Thus, no visitor will ever leave your site because they cannot read the content.
- GeneratePress allows you to translate your website into over 25 languages.
- The theme allows you to add footers, author boxes, and single post templates.
- The mobile-responsive theme allows visitors to navigate the site on their smartphones and tabs without any issues.
- Reset the entire website with a click and reset option.
- You can customize every website feature with CSS customization.
- Choose from over 100 fonts and typography.
- Create unlimited sites for a lifetime with GeneratePress.
- The theme is SEO-optimized. Thus, your website will always rank better on search engines.
Gutenix is one of the best responsive WordPress themes you can ask for.
The WordPress theme offers over 47 Elementor and Gutenberg templates. Furthermore, the theme is WCAG-compliant.
- The theme offers 3 page builders — Gutenberg, Brizy, and Elementor.
- The developers add new templates each month.
- Choose from 20 in-built layouts for headers and footers.
- You can make your header sticky while the visitor scroll up and down the page.
- Readjust the positioning of the content, meta description, featured images, and title.
- Gutenix offers six blog layouts — standard post, audio post, link post, quote post, video post, and gallery post.
- You can set different layouts for single posts, page templates, and archives.
- Setup and launch your online store with the one-click WooCommerce integration.
EightyDays Lite is best suited for travel blogs and magazines. The theme boasts over 1,000 active installations.
The theme is fully optimized for SEO. Thus, your website will always rank better on search engines.
- The responsive theme allows visitors to navigate the site on their smartphones and tabs without any issues.
- The classic color themes include white, black, light brown, and light grey. The color scheme creates an elegant and minimalistic look.
- Choose from two typography options — Lato and Poppin.
- The theme adapts to any screen resolution. Thus, the visitors can navigate on low-resolution devices as well.
- Gutenix supports Jetpack. Add featured content, social button, like button, and related posts.
- Receive free support through the ticket system.
Yogik – Free Yoga Studio WordPress Theme
The free Elementor WordPress theme for Yoga Studio offers a newsletter section, call-to-action buttons, and social media integration, among other features.
- Choose from a full-screen and a boxed layout option to showcase your products and services.
- Create a visually pleasing website with sticky headers, website logo, animation effect, and parallax effect.
- The responsive and retina-ready theme allows visitors to navigate the site on their smartphones and tabs without any issues.
- Add a sidebar display for the blog posts.
- You can add a full-width header with overlaying text and an image slider.
- Yogik offers custom widgets for footer columns as well.
- Launch your online store with WooCommerce support.
If you want to create a business or an e-commerce website, choose Deep. Deep offers over 160 section templates. That’s just the beginning, though.
- Over 25 WordPress plugins allow you complete control over your website.
- Deep offers 3 page builders — WP-Bakery, Elementor, and King Composer.
- Create customized footers with the Deep footer builder.
- Import your chosen demo within a minute. Head over to the theme dashboard. Select a demo and choose import. Furthermore, you can choose plugins you want to install and activate.
- The WordPress theme is compatible with WPML. Translate your website into different languages and attract international visitors.
- Create a stunning website with a header builder and adaptive images.
Kata Free designs a website in three minutes; thanks to its Fast Mode Wizard feature.
The WordPress theme has over 200 active installations. Kata offers 16 free demos.
- Select an imported demo page and edit on Elementor. Click on an element to edit or drag and drop a new element.
- The Yoast SEO plugin optimizes your website for a better ranking on search engines.
- Create and launch your online store with WooCommerce support.
- Use MailChimp to create a newsletter. Showcase your products and services into your visitor’s inbox.
- Create a multilingual website with WPML compatibility.
- Create pricing tables, contact forms, banners, and testimonial carousels.
Which One Should You Choose?
The right answer depends on what kind of website you need. If you want a hotel booking website, choose Albatross. Building a petcare website? Use Mascota. Thus, read the entire article and make an informed decision.